Position Title: FRONT END LINE 4 TEAM LEADER (2nd Shift)
Position Reports To: SHIFT LEADER
Department: LINE 4
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of production associates to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner, and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the production group.
PRINCIPAL AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Describe below the major responsibilities of this position which must be fulfilled with or without reasonable accommodations in order to achieve the essential purpose of this position.
1. Trains, directs, and develops subordinates to meet operating, safety, and quality requirements within the department and/or area.
2. Supervises production staff to ensure product quality and integrity, and ensures all finished product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
3. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to retaining associates. Consistently administers company policies and procedures.
4. Supports and promotes the Company’s annual People, Products, and Profitability goals through effective and efficient planning, communication, and coaching, training and overall direction of the workforce.
5. Creates and implements, with management approval, new ideas and methods to improve production efficiencies, CSI, QI, Safety Scorecard.
6. Supports the 3 P’s. People – turnover, safety, associate engagement; Products – quality and consistency of products; Profitability – contributes to achievement of key initiatives.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (include any specialized or technical knowledge, certifications, credentials or licensing required for this position)
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture or related discipline plus 4 – 5 years related work experience. Should be computer literate with skill in Microsoft Office. Requires experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs/birds pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment. Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results. Able to think ahead and plan 1 to 3 year time span. Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule. Able to develop protocols and processes and deploy. Able to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level. Requires prior supervisory experience. Knowledge of and ability to provide strong customer orientation. Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or company business.
Describe the decision-making authority of this position, the nature and extent of supervision available and the point at which higher approval is required.
This position has the authority to make day-to-day decisions within their work team, upon established policies and procedures.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
2. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
3. When in a plant environment:
Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
Bending, twisting, lifting, reaching, sitting and grasping varies in repetitions, distances, degrees, angle weights, height, intervals of time, object grasped and body positions depending upon the task being performed.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Website : http://www.perdue.com
Perdue Farms is the family-owned parent company of Perdue Foods and Perdue AgriBusiness. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone we touch through innovative food and agricultural products.