Mars, Incorporated and its Affiliates.
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates five business segments including Pet care, Mars Wrigley Confectionary, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Confectionary – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY®, TWIX®, DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Mars Confectionary is looking for Global SQA Dairy Manager/Lead
in Chicago, IL.
The Global Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) Dairy Manager/Lead role is part of the Global Supplier Quality Assurance team (SQA) within the Commercial division. The Global SQA team is a centralized team responsible for standardization, strategic leadership, leadership in material expertise, capability and talent development of the SQA community. The job holder will report to the Global SQA Director. The holder of this role is responsible for defining and deploying the Global Supplier Quality Strategy of the category and driving continuous improvement plans. Analysis of relevant performance metrics and review of critical incidents to ensure good root cause analysis and global follow-through on the CAPAs reviewed in Quarterly Category reviews. They are also responsible for defining and ensuring execution of projects that enable a Category specific standardization of the category quality program.
1. Develop the SQA category strategy in alignment with global sourcing strategy
2. Lead the overall process and help prioritizing what’s needed within the SQA community
3. Own the decision making process or providing recommendation to the team.
4. Coordination within the category
5. Influencing sourcing strategy into category overall
6. Own escalation process for nonconforming material or material related incidents.
7. Accountable for the delivery of the toolbox by working with the virtual category SQA team
8. Build Dairy Technical expertise within global SQA dairy community to drive harmonization, best practices & Quality improvements.
9. Drive big quality improvement projects or interventions, like Dairy Bulk transport standard implementation & Dairy spec harmonization’s.
10. Being the subject matter expert on Bulk (Dairy) transport & Cleaning station practices globally, by developing our Bulk transport and unloading standards in cooperation with Q&FS, and ensure these are implemented at our Dairy powder supply chain, and at the Bulk tanker cleaning stations.
11. Lead from a technical point of view, any global raw-material projects relating to Dairy materials and support regional projects through the virtual category teams.
12. Ensure the impact of supplier quality performance is communicated to the global category director and other key stakeholders.
13. Giving quality and technical input to the global Dairy procurement strategy and supporting the regional Dairy SQA category
14. Delivery of global and regional Dairy procurement strategy through translation into supplier activity programs.
15. Develop technical expertise and product knowledge in order to become the Commercial central contact for new products, processes, new technologies and applications relating to the material.
16. Sharing & Building best practices between the SQA technologists within the region and globally via SQA category lead.
17. To support the implementation of new processes tools and systems in line with the new global quality standards (MQM, Mycotoxins, Metal Detection, etc.).
18. To challenge internal processes (procedures, tools and methods) used to manage the raw materials quality in order to increase efficiency and reliability.
Experience developing and deploying global strategies and driving transformational change
IT literate, quick to learn & operate new computer based systems.
Can perform under pressure; handle several high profile projects over the same time line.
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science/Dairy Product Technology or Technical Equivalent (Food Microbiology, Chemistry with Relevant Industry Experience).
5 years’ experience in technical auditing or Quality and Food safety management related to FMCG raw materials.
Understanding of dairy raw material processing & dairy conversion processes (e.g. Dairy processes, zoning, micro reduction steps)
Strong dairy industry and sanitation expertise
Demonstrated influencing experience regionally or globally.
Practitioner of risk management tools & techniques.
Knowledgeable in quality management tools & techniques experience e.g. SQA, SPC, LEAN, HACCP.
Experience in facilitation & leading technical work-streams (with suppliers).
Proven record of problem solving ability using scientific knowledge & principles.
Ability to travel globally (30-40%) to support the regions material escalations, training & meetings.
Experience with strategic planning, development, and execution.
Successful Completion of a drug and background screen
Advanced degree in Food Science/Dairy Product Technology or Technical Equivalent (Food Microbiology, Chemistry with Relevant Industry Experience).
6 years’ experience in technical auditing or Quality and Food safety management related to FMCG raw materials.
Good understanding of common raw materials & conversion processes.
Understandings of FMCG supply chain demands
Understanding of raws processing industries of relevant materials (e.g. Dairy processes, zoning, micro reduction steps).
Experience in project management.
Animal Husbandry or (farm) Milk Production
Experience in designing, setting up and running a full quality assurance function
Memberships in industry relevant professional organizations
Company paid relocation is not available for this role.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars, Incorporated and its Affiliates.
Website : http://www.mars.com/
In 1911, Frank C. Mars made the first Mars candies in his Tacoma, Washington kitchen and established Mars’ first roots as a confectionery company. In the 1920s, Forrest E. Mars, Sr. joined his father in business and together they launched the MILKY WAY® bar. In 1932, Forrest, Sr. moved to the United Kingdom with a dream of building a business based on the objective of a “mutuality of benefits” for all stakeholders – this vision serves as the foundation of the Mars, Incorporated we are today.