ACRT is currently seeking experienced candidates who enjoy working outdoors. Our target is to identify candidates to work on utility systems as vegetation management arborists. Our field positions are ideal for professional minded individuals with an educational background in forestry, natural resource, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, or related disciplines and with exposure in these fields or line of work. The position is great for learning the utility industry and working to develop the necessary skills for a successful career.
This position would require a significant amount of customer interaction, educating and working with utility consumers, working with line clearance contractors and utility personnel. Our Foresters perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
• Required to be at least 21 years of age
• 2 or 4 year degree in Forestry, Horticulture, Natural Resources or related fields or 12 month line clearance experience
• At least 2 years of vegetation management experience (5+ years may substitute for degree mentioned above)
• Industry certifications (ISA Certified Arborist/Utility Specialist) achieved within first year of job
• Knowledge of utility line clearance concepts
• Familiarity with tree growth rates and habits
• Experience with Clearion preferred
• Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to resolve customer conflict
• Developing management/supervisory skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to multitask; strong time management and organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work in inclement weather
• Ability to read and follow maps
• Must be flexible in times of need, including extended week nights and weekends
• Valid Driver License and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
• Full-time position
• ACRT offers competitive wages and excellent benefits
• Employees become owners and receive company stock after 1 yr
• Company Vehicle/gas card for work related and commuting purposes
• Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
• ACRT is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR Company!
ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families.
• Group Life Insurance
• Optional Life Insurance
• Short & Long Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Boot Allowance Program
• ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
• Employee Referral Program
For all the latest news and job opportunities, connect with us!
ACRT is an EEO/AA Employer | Learn more about EEO
ACRT Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. | M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP Learn more about EEO
| Pay Transparency
| EEO Supplemental Poster
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.