Lead the commercial and operational activities at a grain elevator. Leading and executing all elevator activities in support of the operational and commercial business plan while focusing on safety, productivity, communication, and profitability.
- Manage and direct all functions of operations, training and safety to ensure employees are engaged and adhere to safe work practices.
- Originate grain in accordance with flexible marketing and origination, foster and grow customer relationships along the value chain, manage facility logistics (truck and barge) and oversee all operational expenses to ensure the budget and business plans are achieved
- Manage grain inventories, grading processes, monitor grain quality and capture blending opportunities
- Oversee facility housekeeping, regulatory compliance, best practice programs to ensure adherence to the Companys safety and operational standards.
- Responsible for completing accounting and business control activities including but not limited to: inputting contracts, contract/ticket applications, customer reports, daily activity reports, and month-end accounting
- Manage customer service issues and relations
- Bachelors degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Business, Business or applicable related field is preferred
- 1-2 years applicable experience
- Proficient with basic computer skills, including , Excel, Microsoft Word, and other technical software packages
- Basic understanding of company software an operation systems.
- Ability to lead and manage staff members
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) skills with ability to effectively communicate internally and externally
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of safety, productivity and teamwork
- Familiarity of hedging on the Chicago Board of Trade, grain contracting, and NGFA rules preferred
- Familiarity in agriculture preferred
- SAP/GTM experience preferred
- P & L experience preferred
- Walking on catwalks at a variety of heights
- Climbing stairs and ladders
- Lifting up to 75 lbs
- Shoveling product
- Entering and working in confined spaces
- Working at heights up to 200 ft. with appropriate safety equipment
- Working outdoors in a broad range of climate conditions
- Working over water
Nearest Major Market: Jackson Mississippi
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.bunge.com/