Date Last Verified
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Precision Agriculture Application Specialist
Mexico (MX) - Nuevo León (MX-NLE) - Garza Garcia
Marketing / Sales
John Deere is a foremost leader in the ag equipment business, and we continue to put a solid stamp on other industries. For over 150 years, the company’s portfolio of groundbreaking products has grown to include industries related to and outside of agriculture, including Turf, Construction and Forestry and Wind Technologies. The image of John Deere is no longer that of a signature green tractor meandering across a field; it’s been replaced with an image of acceleration, swift progress, and innovative leaping toward the company’s 200th year. The product line alone serves as proof with advances in machine performance, equipment automation, fleet management, and John Deere’s ongoing investment in emerging markets.
At John Deere, we not only expect our marketing professionals to have a thorough understanding of our products and services, but also possess exceptional communication, negotiation and problem–solving skills.
What you will do
* This a technical specialist that will work closely with Deere field team (Territory Managers, Tactical Solution Specialists, Dealer Development Managers, and others) and Dealership management (Integrated Solutions Manager, Service Managers, Sales Managers, and others).
* Works with Tactical Solution Specialists and Dealers providing technical expertise on Technology products application and promoting a customer oriented solution, that includes Products, Technology, Consultative Dealer services as aftersales.
* This professional can articulate the proper technology value message and create the enablers into dealer structure be able to deliver it to customers, supporting dealer and customer events as well as in-depth preparation on value selling message as required.
* Works with Precision Ag organization and branch teams providing feedback on farming systems, trends, agronomic practices, market positioning, competition movements, etc to increase robustness of tactics and planning.
What you’ll take
* Minimum experience on Precision Agriculture technologies applications, sales and marketing areas or correlated fields of 3-5 years
* Demonstrated sales and marketing skills with good communication ability and influencing effectively
* Has a good understanding of the agricultural sciences in special on Precision Ag dimension.
* Knowledge of Deere solutions, including Deere products portfolio and Precision Ag Technology.
* Has the ability to teach others, structured thought process and apply tools and techniques like mentoring/coaching to unlock breakthrough performance.
Up to 75% of the time travel in Mexico, Central America, Colombia, Venezuela and Caribbean Islands.
* Practical experience with machinery, equipment and technology applied on grains and/or sugar cane crop segments with proper understanding of production steps and agronomic practices applied.
* Field experience with regular customer contact, knowledge of
network and broad product knowledge.
* Knowledge of products, customers, competitors and markets, in special focused on Mexico, Central America, Colombia, Venezuela and Caribbean Islands
* Has strong product/Technology knowledge from articulation of solution value and key selling points, passing through key specifications and compatibilities to a deeper technical understanding of installation and operation
* Marketing experience, selling directly to an end-user customer in a retail environment.
* Communication skills in English and Spanish are desired and other languages are differentiated attributes (i.e. Portuguese)
* Gathering market data using research tools; applying statistical analysis principles methodologies to make recommendations.
* Experience delivering training and/or teaching others
* Familiarity with one or more of the following systems: mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronics.
University degree in an Agricultural
discipline or equivalent experience.
What you will get
Customers around the world know what to expect from John Deere products: quality, reliability and performance excellence. Our values also extend to the way we take care of our employees and their families.
John Deere--a proven business leader-- watch your potential grow.
“This position is currently eligible for a telework and/or compressed workweek arrangement as needed. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes, and remains subject to change and applicable as agreed with manager.”
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Candidates must have the necessary work permits to work in the country.