Sr. Supply Chain Inventory Coordinator - US Soybean Operations-1804024
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Sr. Supply Chain Inventory Coordinator - US Soybean Operations professional to join our Agricultural Products Division (APN).
Sr. Supply Chain Inventory Coordinator - US Soybean Operations - Memphis, TN
As a Sr. Supply Chain Inventory Coordinator - US Soybean Operations professional, your primary responsibilities will fall within Inventory Management and Master Data Management.
The Sr. Supply Chain Inventory Coordinator is responsible for supply chain coordination and inventory control of our 23 commercial tollers and 4 foundation seed plants, with management of Credenz finished seed inventories. This position is responsible for managing process orders, posting finished inventories, consumption of direct materials, inventory classifications & release, and general inventory analysis, using our ERP/SAP systems. Also, is responsible as logistics transportation planner as it relates to raw and finished inventories at Dewitt and 3rd party tollers. In addition, this role is responsible for management of all master data including creation of new materials, materials extensions, and related BOM's, recipes, and costing, etc.
Formula for Success: You Will…
Inventory Management (70%):
• Responsible for supply chain coordination and management of all soybean seed finished inventories within the network of 23 commercial seed production tollers, and 4 foundation seed plants, and Bayer's Dewitt AR plant, all as part the US Credenz soybean seeds business.
• Acts as logistics transportation planner for Dewitt site and network of soybean seed production tolling sites. Responsible for planning & creating STO's (Stock transport Orders) moving raw and finished inventories from site-to-site, site-to-warehouses, etc. to ensure and uninterrupted flow of materials and continuous supply.
• Leads inventory control processes collaborating with the NA warehouse & logistics team, commercial production mgrs., quality, logistics, finance, and the Head of Seeds Supply.
• Responsible for the monthly and year-end cycle counting process and related inventory adjustments and write-offs.
• Works closely with Tolling Mgrs. and NA Soybean QM mgr. with investigating incidents of non-conforming seed inventories, and manages the inventory reclass process to categorize seed as restricted, unrestricted, or blocked stock.
• Contributes to inventory variance/loss investigations to document findings, and identify root cause issues, and makes recommendations for implementation of corrective and preventative actions to mitigate reoccurrence.
• Aligns closely with the commercial production mgrs., master planner, tolling logistics mgr., foundation seeds mgr., and NA Soybean QM mgr. to lead/participate on business improvement initiatives as they relate to inventory process & procedures.
• Monitors 3rd party lab testing results and reports, and maintains/updates inventory classes to ensure all seed inventory batches meet standards prior to approval for shipment.
• Collaborates with warehousing and distribution team to prepare training materials, and conducts on-site training to tolling sites and owned facilities as it relates to inventory management, inventory cycle counting, and reporting completed process orders & related bagging reports.
• Assists master planner and tolling logistics mgr. with finished seed inventory analysis making recommendations for capturing opportunities for rework, consumption of slow-moving raw materials, and timely disposal of non- conforming or obsolete materials.
• Maintains a comprehensive log of all active process orders, finished lots, inventory traceability from raw bushels to finished units, and tracks current status and projected dates for release for shipment.
• Skilled systems super user of SAP as it relates to inventory management functions.
• Mastery of desk top tools to perform data extractions/downloads from SAP, creates BW reports, builds charts/graphs, KPI's, etc. to perform inventory analysis. Presents and interprets the data to assist Head of Seeds Supply with making data driven decisions to help cost management and improve seed production operations
• Supervises other seasonal employees and/or contractors who support inventory activities.
• Attends and participates in monthly safety training, tool box meetings, and ensures seasonal & contract employees follow all safety policies. May lead one or more safety programs for the site.
• Assists as needed in soybean seed operations or other assignments as directed by management.
Master Data Management (30%):
• Responsible to create new materials for commercial seed, foundation seed, and agronomic services for all soybean varieties at the sku level, collaborating closely with commercial production managers, foundation seed manager, master planner, and global seeds master data personnel.
• Responsible to create/maintain BOM's and recipes for all materials and to ensure accurate consumption of raw seed bushels and direct materials associated with new process orders, rework process orders, and inventory reclass orders.
• Analyzes treatment materials and formulations and application rates, including adjustments to loss factors, to ensure standard costs are accurate and matched with consumption rates.
• Manages materials extension requests, and resolves BOM, recipe, and costing issues.
• Interfaces with finance and controlling to obtain accurate costing information for master data, frequently analyzes materials to ensure costing is accurate, and performs periodic analysis to ensure cost variances are minimized. Participates in monthly financial variance review meetings.
• Leads the annual end-of-season master data cleanup process to delete master data no longer utilized as products end their life cycles, updates BOM's, recipes to reflect process changes, and updates costing to align with new budgets and changes to direct materials costs.
• Coordinates and acts in the capacity of liaison between soybean seeds supply team, and the global seeds master data team.
• Participates in weekly Production S&OE meetings to provide updates on production campaigns and assists production sites with production issues as it relates to inventory or master data issues.
• Provides guidance and supervision as it relates to master data to site personnel and 3rd party locations.
• Leads/participates on master data related process improvement teams/projects.
Value added to the success of the company
• Responsible for working with quality, warehouse, HSE and other stakeholders to ensure the raw materials inventory is maintained accurately, which provides the basis for accurate Material Requirements planning and accurate reporting of the inventory asset in financial reports.
• Process information from cross functional teams and have the ability to independently determine the best solutions for the business.
• Independently make decisions that will impact the planning, manufacturing and reporting processes. Expected to be someone who is considered an expert within their field and will be sought for counsel from others.
• As a key contributor this person will produce results that have a positive impact on the business or organizational goals.
• Ability to apply technical expertise to support business requirements. Provides the expertise needed to develop or improve processes within the planning and supply chain organization.
• A critical need is to have the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization and support the objectives of the department and management decisions.
• The incumbent will have the ability to lead teams and provide training.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
QUALIFICATIONS - BASF RECOGNIZES INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION WHICH ARE ACCREDITED BY THE COUNCIL FOR HIGHER EDUCATION ACCREDITATION OR EQUIVALENT
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• BA/BS in the field of supply chain, agronomy, seed science, plant science, agricultural economics, or a related discipline.
• 5-7 years of experience in production agriculture, seed production, seed logistics, or agribusiness; or 10-12 years of systems and materials management experience, or applicable business experience in supply chain, manufacturing, or logistics.
• APICS certified or cGMP's is preferred, six sigma or lean experience desired.
• Knowledge of SAP cycle counting, inventory control techniques
• This position requires excellent analytical, computer, and written and oral communication skills.
• Requires an understanding of Sales, Marketing, QA/QC, Cost Accounting, and Production environments to effectively interface with other departments.
• Material management experience in agriculture, or seeds industry preferred.
• Possess the leadership skill sets required to gain buy in, trust and credibility with key customers, 3rd Party Commercial Tolling Sites, and other business partners.
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-TN-Memphis
FUNCTION: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
JOB TYPE: Standard
SHIFT: Day Job
ORGANIZATION: NT-Regional Functions North America-60000006