ACRT Inc. is currently seeking energetic experienced professionals who enjoy working outdoors. Our field positions are ideal for professionals with an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, conservation or related disciplines and seasoned professionals with experience in these fields and line of work.
Consulting Utility Foresters will be expected to inspect, identify, and evaluate hazardous trees along utility rights-of-way over large areas in a company vehicle and on foot patrols. Serving as a liaison between the utility and their customers, and the contractors on the system, the forester will identify and catalog the trees and be responsible for the notifying and obtaining permission for intended operations to customers. Educating our client’s customers of the program and the ability to obtain permission for future planned work is a necessary skill. This position is for a new construction Forester for Transmission. The person will assist in new construction oversight and auditing for vegetation clearances.
• 2 or 4 year degree in Forestry, Horticulture, or closely related fields
• Strong tree identification of Eastern US species is a preferred skill.
• Experience in utility vegetation management preferred
• Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred
• Candidate must be self-motivated, show strong organization skills, and be production oriented
• Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
• Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
• ISA Certified Arborist/Utility Specialist
• Pesticide Applicators License
• Utility Experience preferred
• Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
• Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
• Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
• Valid Driver License required
• Full Time position
• **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR Company!!!
• Employees become owners and receive company stock after a waiting period
• ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families
• Group Life Insurance
• Optional Life Insurance
• Short & Long Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Company Vehicle/Gas Card for work related and commuting purposes
• Boot Allowance Program
• ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
• Employee Referral Program
• Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
•All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
•Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
ACRT Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. | M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP Learn more about EEO
| Pay Transparency
| EEO Supplemental Poster
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.