Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Systems Engineer
1. Quantify the impact of transmission hardware and features on GHG emissions through regulatory simulation models.
2. Develop testing plans and priorities for dynamometer test evaluation of transmission hardware efficiency and feature efficiency.
3. Generate technical data required to optimize Allison products for OEM compliance with Greenhouse Gas regulations.
4. Communicate technical data to internal and external engineering organizations as well as regulatory/certification agencies.
5. Prepare and present technical status reports to internal organizations.
6. Assess worldwide Greenhouse Gas regulations and identify impacts to Allison products and customers.
BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Automotive, or other Engineering discipline
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Minimum of 3 years experience in the area fuel economy analysis and development or GHG emissions
2. Ability to understand Greenhouse Gas regulations and identify impacts to Allison products.
3. Ability to develop procedures to incorporate Greenhouse Gas regulations into engineering practice.
4. Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with regulatory agencies.
5. Proficiency in written and spoken business communication.
1. Experience with heavy-duty vehicle applications
2. Experience with powertrain dynamometer testing
3. Experience with regulatory rulemaking process and providing comments to rulemakings
4. Experience with fuel consumption requirements
5. Experience with criteria emissions testing and PEMS testing
Website : http://www.gm.com
General Motors Company (GM) designs, manufactures, and markets cars, crossovers, trucks, and automobile parts worldwide. The company markets its vehicles primarily under the Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Opel, Holden, and Vauxhall brand names, as well as under the Alpheon, Jiefang, Baojun, and Wuling brand names. It also sells cars and trucks to dealers for consumer retail sales, as well as to fleet customers, including daily rental car companies, commercial fleet customers, leasing companies, and governments. In addition, the company offers connected safety, security and mobility solutions, and information technology services. The company, through its subsidiary, General Motors Financial Company, Inc. provides automotive financing services and lease products through GM dealerships in connection with the sale of used and new automobiles that target customers with sub-prime and prime credit bureau scores. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Detroit, Michigan.