Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Nursery Tech – Cooley Mega (rural Putnam County)
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the daily tasks associated with managing complex units. Responsible for managing inventories, cost, proper biosecurity precautions and production performance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited:
• Manages animal health and husbandry, environment control, feed management, hospital pen management, culling, sorting, and safety procedures
• Reports potential or existing problems to Production Supervisor/Assistant Production Supervisor
• Ensures proper usage of medication following the drug residue avoidance/Broken needle policies, along with keeping accurate records of data
• Responsible for performing AM and PM Inspections of lagoons/risers
• Unloading/sorting of wean pigs according to weekly schedules
• Some maintenance work is required, along with troubleshooting problems with equipment and filling out work orders
• Responsible for accurate and timely record keeping of nursery activities
• Responsible for animal health and welfare and reporting
• Performs euthanasia according to company policy, and in a timely manner
• Responsible for responding to the farm when there is a problem with Hi/Low alarms, or Johnson Control malfunctions
• Responsible for accurate inventory counts on all animals
QUALIFICATIONS: Interested candidates must complete Pork Quality Assurance (PQA) Level 3 certification and access to reliable transportation and phone are required. Qualified candidates must have knowledge of up to date standard operating procedures, with experience in prevention and recognition of potential health problems. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand on concrete, bend and reach to the floor frequently.
Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Website : http://www.smithfieldfoods.com
From our small town beginning in Smithfield, Virginia, Smithfield Foods has grown into a global food company with a presence in 12 countries. Regardless of the size and scope of our business, we always conduct ourselves with respect for our animals, communities, customers, employees and the environment. Our philosophy has served us well and we are committed to providing Good food. Responsibly.® so you can confidently share great meals and memories with family and friends.