Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Oversee the completion of Feed Mill maintenance daily tasks in repair and maintenance of all equipment involved in the feed manufacturing process and truck delivery.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Assist Feed Manufacturing Manager / Assistant Feed Mill Manager in development, implementation and coordination of a plant wide preventative maintenance (PM) program to ensure maximum equipment life and minimal downtime
• Continue to improve upon a thorough and cost effective PM program
o Maintain accurate records
• Maintain an adequate, cost effective inventory of spare parts
• Develop and communicate consistent parts replacement or repair guidelines. Provide cost estimates as necessary to the Feed Manufacturing Manager
• Monitor all repairs to ensure all warranty costs are covered
• Interface with boiler, chemical and insurance representatives to ensure the integrity of water softeners, boilers and related boiler equipment
• Coordinate and communicate with all Feed Mill and departments to ensure maintenance needs are properly addressed
• Manage imminent maintenance projects
• Coordinate, schedule and perform yearly fire extinguisher inspection
• Promote safety including housekeeping practices, tools, equipment and facility
• Utilize downtime effectively for solutions to repair/maintain equipment
• Assist Feed Manufacturing Manager / Asst. Feed Mill Manager as needed regarding milling operations and procedures
• Responsible for being in compliance with all environmental laws and procedures to which Smithfield subscribes
• Report all environmental issues immediately to their supervisor
• Read and understand the company’s notification emergency process and will be responsible for reviewing that policy at their work site
• Responsible for understanding all safety requirements of the job and for performing the job in compliance with the safety requirements
• All other tasks and duties as assigned
• Minimum High School Education
• Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in a maintenance or related field
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in electrical troubleshooting and repair, welding and plumbing, truck/trailer repair, light repairs hydraulics/brakes/air electrical system
• Good verbal & written communications skills required
• Good organizational skills
• Maintain PQA Plus Certification
• Must be self-motivated and able to work alone and unsupervised.
• Must be available to be on-call when scheduled
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays when scheduled
• Must be able to work an average 45 hour week with average 9 hour workday, which can vary frequently
Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Website : http://www.smithfieldfoods.com
From our small town beginning in Smithfield, Virginia, Smithfield Foods has grown into a global food company with a presence in 12 countries. Regardless of the size and scope of our business, we always conduct ourselves with respect for our animals, communities, customers, employees and the environment. Our philosophy has served us well and we are committed to providing Good food. Responsibly.® so you can confidently share great meals and memories with family and friends.