Phillips & Jordan is a privately held, woman owned heavy civil and infrastructure contractor established in 1952. Our Core Values and Priorities - Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production - guide our daily business practices. Phillips & Jordan is committed to a Zero Incident Philosophy that entails no harm to person, property, the environment, or our reputation. We focus on 3 primary service areas: Heavy Civil Construction (Power Generation, Water Resources, and Industrial & Commercial), Right-of-Way Access & Construction (Power Delivery and Pipeline Services), and Disaster Response.
Phillips & Jordan is a national contractor that is registered to do business in all 50 states, currently has a workforce of approximately 1,200 employees, and owns and operates an extensive fleet of heavy and specialized pieces of equipment. Headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, Phillips & Jordan maintains regional offices in California, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas. At Phillips & Jordan our greatest resource is our employees and we are proud to have many second and third generation employees that have chosen to build their careers with Phillips & Jordan.
Phillips & Jordan is a proven innovator, a proven leader, and a proven solution in the industry, and has built a reputation for taking on some of the most challenging and difficult projects and successfully completing them on, or even ahead of, schedule. Phillips & Jordan employs a top notch workforce and we are always in need of new employees who are dependable professionals with experience in the construction industry, and who are safety conscious individuals that have a positive can do attitude, work well with others, and want to advance their careers.
Join the Phillips & Jordan team today and become a valued member of our company.
We are currently seeking a Utility Forester to join our team. We are looking for an energetic professional who enjoys working outdoors and values the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in vegetation management with Phillips & Jordan. We will be working with utility companies inspecting, identifying and evaluating vegetative growth along utility lines and corresponding Right-of-Ways.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacting with, and notifying, property owners of the certain Utility programs and potential fuel reduction services.
- Inspecting utility Right-of-Way to identify potential fire and fuel hazards to power line facilities.
- Using mobile devices to input and collect field data.
- Experience with GPS and mapping a plus.
- Identify, mark and inventory trees and project locations.
- Provide accurate daily progress reports to program management.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be willing to work up to 10-hour days / 6 days a week.
- Ability to identify local trees and knowledge of growth rates.
- ISA Certification preferred.
- Experience in Utility Vegetation Management and tree work strongly preferred.
- Experience in safety auditing a plus.
- Ability to work in teams, independently, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in rugged terrain and inclement weather.
- Must be flexible and able to work in different counties (travel expenses paid).
- Ability to read and follow maps.
- Valid Driver License and ability to drive and operate a vehicle.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or experience in Forestry or related fields a plus.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please ****f180a45722a4
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?