Seed Advisor - Northern South Dakota-1801644
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry, and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
Seed Advisor (1801644) - Northern South Dakota
In this role, you will develop and maintain business relationships with growers identified as strategic to BASF. The objective is to effectively communicate the value of our new innovations through direct contact with assigned growers, focusing on the benefits of using BASF seed products and services, and assisting local sales and technical service teams in the development of business strategies and tactics that lead to helping growers get the most from every acre.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Consistently meet or exceed yearly financial goals.
- Conduct agronomic focused calls on targeted retailers and growers, resulting in increased sales of BASF products.
- Develop an area plan that includes overall business objectives, strategies for growth, identification of top customers, and an action plan to achieve overall growth.
- Establish grower account plans, including business strategies and tactics that meet the needs of targeted growers while successfully growing BASF market share.
- Accurately forecast brands by retailer and grower
- Develop and execute market strategies to launch new products per established goals, market development execution, crop activities, and product positioning.
- Cultivate working relationships with local sales teams, technical service representatives, innovation specialists, and strategic account managers to support implementation of seed plans.
- Hold accountability for retailer and grower interaction for demand generation.
- Maintain adherence to KPIs related to volume, share, value, and financial sales targets.
- Direct seed field activities at customer-level (retailer and grower) level for the business.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
QUALIFICATIONS - BASF RECOGNIZES INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION WHICH ARE ACCREDITED BY THE COUNCIL FOR HIGHER EDUCATION ACCREDITATION OR EQUIVALENT
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required; advanced degree is preferable.
- At least 3 years of sales experience, preferably in a technical or agricultural field.
- Strong agricultural-related business and production acumen.
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to utilize a smart phone and tablet to conduct business.
- Willing and able to travel up to 15% of the time overnight/weekly.
- Able to relocate/reside in assigned territory.
- Current Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) qualification or willingness to obtain.
- Understanding of local crops familiar to the assigned territory.
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-SD-Sioux Falls
FUNCTION: SALE - Sales
JOB TYPE: Standard
SHIFT: Day Job
ORGANIZATION: N-APN Crop Protection North America 60000060