Inver Grove Heights, MN, United States
Mar 10, 2023
Specialist, Procurement Associate
Location Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
Date posted 03/10/2023
Job ID 9718
I'm interested (https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=9718&company=CHSProd)
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc. has an exciting opportunity in our Energy Refined Fuels division. We are looking for a Renewable Fuels Procurement Specialist to join our Liquid Fuels Trading team. You must be able to work with a diverse group of people and build effective, long-lasting relationships. You must be able to make prudent decisions, working both collaboratively and independently with excellent communication, both verbal and written, be detail oriented with strong analytical skills, demonstrating strong interpersonal attributes and leadership capability. This position is based out of our corporate headquarters in Inver Grove Heights, MN, and works a hybrid schedule.
• Procure ethanol and biodiesel for blending into CHS’ branded and unbranded refined fuels supply.
• Ensure sufficient quantity and type of RINs procured for refinery compliance obligation and trading needs.
• Grow key relationships with plants, marketers, and industry suppliers/counterparties to ensure reliable and profitable supply.
• Manage truck and rail logistics for delivery into CHS inventory positions and counterparty sales.
• Leverage renewable fuels supply book to identify trade and arbitrage opportunities and maximize per-gallon margin.
• Utilize various contract structures to manage price risk and hedge position using futures contracts through analysis of forward curve.
• Partner with Refined Fuels Sales as a key contact to Account Management group for relevant market information and contracting needs.
• Analyze market trends and implement into procurement and trading strategies.
• Communicate with Economics and Pricing groups to maintain accurate demand forecasts and competitive market-based pricing structures.
• Identify inventory positions that enhance profitability of supply.
• Maintain daily position and mark-to-market reports.
• Monitor forward curves and leverage CHS storage assets to enhance profitability.
• Research global, domestic, and regional market information and analyze data in order to make accurate price forecasts.
• Communicate research findings to peers and management via presentations, daily meetings, and written market reports.
• Be a self-starter and take the initiative to resolve issues when they arise.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships within the company and industry.
• Assist in RF Traders in managing daily NYMEX hedge position for Refined Fuels fixed-forward contract sales via derivatives markets for both ULSD and Gasoline futures.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
High School diploma or GED
Knowledge of Supply Chain and/or Procurement
• Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business, Ag Economics, or other business-related program
• Understanding of commodity markets and trading principles
• Knowledge of energy and/or biofuels industries
• Ability to read and understand a daily position report (long & short)
• Working knowledge of CFTC contracts and futures exchange rules
• Series III license
• Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings including all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Website : https://www.chsinc.com