Seaboard Foods LP
SUMMARY: If you are a curious and driven person, there's a place for you at Seaboard Foods to share new ideas, drive innovation and be a part of a dynamic team. As the supervisor of a sow farm, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day tasks of the farm, ensuring production targets are met, and supervising the employees on the farm.
YOU\'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Training of employees on day-to-day processes and procedures and developing a competent workforce by utilizing hands-on training methods.
* Creating and managing employee work schedules and maintaining accurate personnel paperwork, including performance evaluations and providing constructive and timely feedback to employees.
* Performing audits of the farm to ensure all standard operating procedures are being followed and facilities are in good working condition.
* Ensuring that all daily and weekly production targets are met, as well as completing and submitting production analysis reports in a timely manner.
* The care and conditioning of sows on the farm.
* Submitting orders for farm supplies and maintenance needs.
* In your first year, you will be expected to understand and ensure that all standard operating procedures (SOPs) are being implemented appropriately.
WE WANT SOMEONE WHO:
* Is curious, driven and will question practices.
* Is passionate about driving high quality pork products from the farm to beyond the table.
* Can impact our organization by navigating through interesting and challenging opportunities.
* Has at least six months to one year of swine production experience and training.
* Can communicate effectively with employees and report any issues or concerns to the operations manager.
* Is able to work in a farm environment.
* Is able to work on assigned weekends (Saturday/Sunday) and be on call at all times of the day and week, when assigned, to resolve any issues that arise.
* Has bilingual skills (English / Spanish), but it is not required.
WHY JOIN SEABOARD FOODS?
* Your impact: As a sow farm supervisor, you will have an important role in the care of our pigs in an industry-leading team that is currently expanding in scope, giving you the ability to grow a career with mentoring relationships and challenging experiences that only a truly integrated company can offer.
* Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
* Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS:
As a connected food system, Seaboard Foods cares for and raises pigs to produce safe, quality pork to feed people. The company has operations in six states and employs more than 5,000 people working at its farms, processing plant and in support areas who oversee every step of production from raising and caring for the pigs to processing pork. The company is a top U.S. pork producer and processor and a leading exporter of U.S. pork to more than 30 countries. In addition, Seaboard Foods' subsidiary, High Plains Bioenergy, has biodiesel, biogas and compressed natural gas operations. Because its pork products are served on tables throughout the world, Seaboard Foods fosters a culture of asking why and is committed to constantly doing better in the way it raises and cares for pigs for food every step of the way from before the farm to beyond the fork.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Visit the following URL for ore information:
Seaboard Foods LP
Website : http://www.seaboardpork.com