Coleman Natural Foods, LLC
Position Title: SHIFT LEADER
Position Reports To: UNIT LEADER
The Shift Manager will be responsible for plant effectiveness and efficiency for a section of a processing plant. Will provide direction, training, coaching, directing to Team Leaders and indirectly to hourly production associates. Responsible for achieving company established goals on production activities. Must provide a safe and secure working environment for all associates utilizing company-approved processes. Promotes a positive working relationship with the production and support staff to make the company the employer of choice.
PRINCIPAL AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Describe below the major responsibilities of this position which must be fulfilled with or without reasonable accommodations in order to achieve the essential purpose of this position.
1. Establishes, measures, and is accountable for operating and capital budgets for the assigned area in a manner to enable the operation to maintain a competitive position in the industry.
2. Meets all facility operational plans, to insure yield, birds per man hour, pounds per man-hour, line efficiency, CSI, QI, requirements are met.
3. Ensures processes are in place to continuously reduce turnover, improve safety results as measured by the Safety Scorecard, and create the environment that will make the facility the Employer of Choice in the area.
4. Ensures processes are in place to continually provide training to improve supervisory skills of staff, and improve the skill set of the hourly production associates to maximize the results of individual and team efforts.
5. Constantly develops new ideas and methods to improve operational performance and improve product quality and customer reliability.
6. Supports and promote the company’s annual People, Products, and Profitability goals through effective planning, communication, emphasizing the requirement for all team members to be efficient and effective in their respective responsibilities.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (include any specialized or technical knowledge, certifications, credentials or licensing required for this position)
REQUIRED: Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Engineering or related discipline plus 7 – 8 years work experience. Should be computer literate with skill in Microsoft Office. Requires experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs/birds pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment. Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results. Able to think ahead and plan 1 to 3 year time span. Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule. Able to develop protocols and processes and deploy. Able to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level. Requires prior supervisory experience. Knowledge of and ability to provide strong customer orientation. Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or company business.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Coleman Natural Foods, LLC
Website : http://www.colemannatural.com/
Coleman Natural Foods has been a pioneer in organic and no-antibiotics-ever meats, part of legacy of quality that stretches back to 1875. We work with family farmers throughout the country who share with us a conviction to provide families with premium chicken and no-antibiotics-ever poultry, pork, lamb and beef.We don’t think nature intended for animals to eat animal by-products, to be raised in conditions that require antibiotics to keep them healthy, or to be administered drugs that make them grow faster. Across our company, and by working with our family farmers, we ensure high standards for animal welfare. This includes working with the Global Animal Partnership (GAP), along with other welfare audits. Our animals are raised in a reduced-stress environment, never administered antibiotics or growth-promoting drugs (including hormones or steroids*) and fed an all-vegetarian diet with no animal by-products. Our USDA certified organic chicken goes the extra steps to include an organic diet with non-GMO grains and free-range outdoor access. What we do isn’t the easy way, or the low-cost way. But we think it’s better for the animals, better for the planet and results in better-tasting products.