Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated Global Breeding Operations Specialist
to provide regional operations management, global workforce planning, strategic spend analysis and capital investment support. This role is a key member of the Global Breeding Strategy & Operations team that partners across the globe with regional breeding teams to ensure best in class operations management and enablement of strategic planning.
Sustainable agriculture is at the core of Monsanto. Our best-in-class technologies deliver sustainable agriculture solutions that enable farmers to produce more crops while conserving precious natural resources. Monsanto Technology is comprised of a multifaceted group of scientists working together to revolutionize crop protection chemistries, plant breeding, and biotechnology. Our Formulations & Delivery group develops innovative new formulations by identifying and advancing underlying technologies and continually improving our development processes. Monsanto is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a top 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and by Great Place to Work’s Top 25 World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind’s greatest challenges.
• Managing EBIT spend across regions/functions within Global Breeding, including management of targets and integration with current SAP and finance systems
• Working with Operations Leads globally to create short and long term workforce plans for current and upcoming fiscal years
• Contributing to the execution of hiring plans across regions and functions within Breeding, ensuring priority and timing hiring towards established targets
• Partnering with Global regional and functional teams to provide insight and data to drive operational management and execute on strategic initiatives
• Analyzing complex operations, preparing and communicating regular updates to leadership on progress toward strategic objectives
• Coordinating global monthly reports and quarterly goals reports, identifying opportunities for operational excellence, and leading implementation of operational improvements
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of two or more years of experience in agricultural industry
• Experience in performing meaningful variance analyses determining key variables that triggered specific outcomes
• Ability to establish relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
• Ability to present results and recommendations to leadership in a concise manner
• Effective organizational skills and attention to detail
• Prior experience demonstrating results orientation and ability to manage multiple assignments
• Excellent interpersonal skills with strong ability to effectively problem solve and coordinate information flow
• Track record of successfully demonstrating professionalism and strong initiative and foresight when making decisions and delivering on tasks
• Ability to demonstrate agility and positive results-orientation while working in a dynamic and changing environment
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
• Two or more years of experience with row crop field testing processes
• Proficiency with Spotfire or a similar visualization tool
• Experience with technology systems such as Velocity, SAP, and/or Excel
• Prior experience with financial analysis
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
GLB Breeding - Strategy & Ops Mgmt
Global Breeding Operations Specialist
North America-USA-Missouri-St. Louis
Research & Development
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement