Clinton Global Initiative
About the Clinton Foundation
Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, that premise has energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world.
As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service. Our programs are designed to make a real difference today while serving as proven models for tomorrow.\u202fThe goal of every effort is to use available resources to get better results faster \u2013 at the lowest possible cost.
We firmly believe that when diverse groups of people bring resources together in the spirit of true cooperation, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Director of Programs at the Clinton Foundation\u2019s headquarters in New York. This person will be an important link with the other initiatives and service departments at the Clinton Foundation in the USA. He/she will be an important asset to the team, with an understanding of CDI\u2019s work in the agriculture sector in Africa. The incumbent will, in coordination with the Director of Programs, support the ongoing growth and development of the Initiative, along with its operational and programmatic sustainability and impact.
1. Program Support
\u2022 Identify and present recommendations to CDI leadership for external partners\u2014large multinational corporations, regional and local private companies, multilateral organizations, government ministries, and other NGOs \u2014for collaboration and partnership to advance CDI\u2019s programs, with a focus on increasing market access and opportunity for beneficiaries (i.e. smallholder farmers);\u2022 Analyze and provide recommendations for the improvement of programs or systems to CDI leadership based on business conditions, commodity markets, government policy, environmental sustainability, trends in social impact investing, and other developmental topics; research and synthesis of relevant material from the not-for-profit and NGO sector;\u2022 Stay up to date on newest technology, solutions, innovations for farmers / agricultural business in Eastern and Southern Africa to summarize and inform CDI staff;\u2022 Create weekly update and news clips relevant to CDI\u2019s work;\u2022 Manage and maintain donor / grants database and identify leads for funding applications;\u2022 Identify and recommend potential speaking engagements for CDI staff to amplify the work;\u2022 Review for accuracy the materials and data coming from the country teams and help synthesize information into an accessible format for internal and external use.
2. Administration \u2022 Create and maintain schedules of activities, assignments, expected outcomes and deliverables necessary for the timely and efficient execution of work within the initiative;\u2022 Maintain and update various CDI online accounts;\u2022 Support CDI staff through the Director of Programs, with administration, organizing travel and managing meetings;\u2022 Coordinate support between the IT department and the CDI countries.
3. Intra-Foundation Support\u2022 In coordination with the Program Director and the Marketing and Communication teams, propose, draft and pitch ideas/stories to help promote CDI to donors and the public;\u2022 Identify opportunities for collaboration and joint-funding with other initiatives at the Foundation;\u2022 In coordination with the Metrics team, identify opportunities for partnerships and research that can be used by CDI with Universities in the USA and abroad.
\u2022 Other duties as assigned.
1. Education (Minimum Needed and Type of Degree Needed):\u2022 Minimum Required: Bachelor of Science degree in agriculture related field, minors in International Relations, business, or related field with outstanding record of academic performance\u2022 Preferred: Master\u2019s degree in a related field
2. Work Experience (Minimum Needed): \u2022 Minimum Required: 3 years of work in competitive and/or analytically rigorous environment (NGO, social impact investing, CSR, government, with an Africa focus) \u2022 Preferred: work experience in Africa in agriculture or related field
3. Specialized Knowledge Needed for Performance of Job: \u2022 Depth of knowledge and experience in one or more relevant areas: Africa, agriculture, climate change, social business, and economic development
4. Skills (e.g. Level of Judgment Required, Ability to Direct, Work Independently, Multi-Task, etc.): \u2022 Drive and ability to work autonomously; manage own time and schedule, to push projects and initiatives forward;\u2022 Ability to multitask and work across different countries, cultures and programs;\u2022 Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, takes initiative to devise solutions to problems or improve upon existing systems while maintaining a professional demeanor; \u2022 Ability to troubleshoot problems, while also identifying issues which need to be escalated;\u2022 Ability to analyze and succinctly present large bodies of research; \u2022 Strong organizational skills, sound judgment and ability to prioritize;\u2022 High level of diplomacy required with the ability to manage relationships in a positive manner, including working with senior team members to keep to timelines, tasks, etc.
5. Special Skills (Technical or Advanced) \u2022 Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;\u2022 Knowledge of CRM, Dropbox, and SharePoint.
6. Other (Communication Skills, Mechanical Aptitude, Math Skills, Learning Skills, or Other Specific Skills Required): \u2022 Strong writing, editing and presentation skills. \u2022 Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;\u2022 Strong team-work and collaborative approach capacity; ability to work with colleagues based outside of the main office.
7. Additional Comments\u2022 Ability to work in a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.\u2022 Ability to travel domestically and internationally, and work on multiple time zones, as necessary.\u2022 Ability to work remotely, given projects will be based in a number of different countries.
Physical and Other Requirements
\u2022 Office Environment: Constant computer work requiring repetitive motion, prolonged sitting and sustained visual/mental demands. Occasional lifting, bending, pulling, collating, and filing, some of which may be heavy (>15 lbs.) and require use of carts. \u2022 Travel Environment: Occasional long-distance travel (sometimes to developing countries) which may require walking distances, lifting and carrying luggage and boxes (>25 lbs.) or prolonged periods of sitting in tight quarters.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the positions.
Clinton Global Initiative
Website : http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/
The mission of the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) is to inspire, connect, and empower a community of global leaders to forge solutions to the world's most pressing challenges.